• Certified teachers are available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons between 2 and 5:30 p.m. for help with math, English, and many other subject areas.
• Contact your YAN (cell phone) or the D2 Center (402-502-8534) if you plan to attend no later than 11 a.m. on Tuesday or Thursday and let us know what time you plan to arrive. Contact the previous day (Monday or Wednesday) is preferred, but not required. Teachers will be at the D2 Center only if students are scheduled.
Math or Reading Elective Credit Opportunities*
• Students master the fundamentals of mathematics and beyond by using Khan Academy (online) in a math computer lab setting; a diagnostic test at the beginning of the course allows teachers to differentiate instruction, build on individual math skills, and provide 1:1 assistance.
• Students focus on building reading comprehension, fluency, and confidence using materials in a range of subjects adapted to the student’s reading level; a diagnostic test at the beginning of the course allows teachers to differentiate instruction; conversations about the reading, 1:1 assistance, reading service, and reading journals help build critical reading and thinking skills.
• Students need to call D2 Center Director Greg Emmel (402-502-8534) to enroll in either course.
Careers and Community Engagement (C & CE) Opportunities
• Elective credit or other career assistance is available on an “as needed” basis.
• Contact your YAN (cell phone) or the C & CE Project Coordinator Jerrie Glassman (402-917-0077) to schedule times
• For those working on an elective credit*, students utilize a variety of resources to explore and select career options, identify educational and training pathways, create a resume, and develop soft skills needed to be successful in a career. Students also explore career experiences in the community.
• The Project Coordinator is available to assist any D2 Center student or graduate with career exploration, postsecondary planning and engagement, resume writing, job searches and applications, mock interviews, and other job or career-related skills and strategies.
*Courses for elective credit require a minimum of 45 hours of class time and the successful completion of all assignments and tests. Courses are graded pass/fail.
Take the Metro Bus to the D2 Center on routes 3, 19 and 15/55 | free bus passes available