The D2 Center Annual Report (PDF) for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is now available. Our Annual Report offers information about the students we serve, program outcomes, and our organization overall.
After a rough ending to the 2019-20 school year thanks to the pandemic, our work was more challenging than ever this past year. During the 2020-21 school year, the D2 Center:
- Served 302 students in the YAN program; forty-nine graduated from high school.
- Did outreach to 347 OPS students who had dropped out of high school. Thirty of these students have already graduated from high school and many more are still enrolled.
- Career Navigators virtually provided postsecondary career planning, job searches, training, and educational opportunities.
- Offered elective credit opportunities from certified teachers; thirty-four students earned an elective credit and thirty-eight students were enrolled remotely during the summer of 2021.
- Provided virtual tutoring to twenty-three students a total of 91 times.
Things are looking up this school year as we resume in-person meetings with students, and increase outreach and programming to meet the growing need for our services. We appreciate the ongoing support of the City of Omaha, United Way of the Midlands, The Sherwood Foundation, and the Weitz Family Foundation that is so critical to our mission.
If you have any questions, please call Greg Emmel or Carolyn Miller at 402-502-8534.