The D2 Center is hiring a Project Coordinator for our Careers & Community Engagement Program. Please see the listing on Careerlink.com for more information and to apply.
Building Bright Futures (BBF), a local non-profit organization serving the Omaha area, seeks an experienced professional to join its management team as a full-time, grant-funded Project Coordinator to promote Nebraska Career Connections and Nebraska Career Education in cooperation with the Nebraska Department of Education. The individual selected will be responsible for the further development, coordination and implementation of the Careers and Community Engagement Program through the BBF D2 Center|Directions Diploma (D2 Center) and will work with high-risk, high school-age youth as well as professionals in school districts, post-secondary institutions, businesses, and industry in a two-county area. This position will collaborate with Building Bright Futures programs and the D2 Center team to engage disconnected youth and keep them on the pathway toward a high school diploma and career/post-secondary readiness.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with experience and a proven track record in program development and implementation and working with high-risk youth. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data, and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals. Candidate must be certified to teach at least grades 9 – 12 in the state of Nebraska and/or be bilingual in SPANISH.
Availability:Position open until filled. Full time, 40+ hours per week required. Salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications. Benefit package will include: full medical, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, dental, vision, and paid vacations/holidays.
Please fax (402-715-4161) or email resume and three references to Julia Parker at email@example.com.
Project Coordinator– Job Description
Primary responsibilities include:
· Coordination and implementation of the D2 Center Careers and Community Engagement Program which relates to the BBF community action plan goals and recommendations.
· Working with high-risk youth and professionals in schools and school districts, post-secondary institutions, business, and industry.
Qualified candidates should possess a Nebraska teaching certificate, excellent communication skills, writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel), database management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and teams of people. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, be able to work effectively under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. The ability to build positive relationships and motivate high-risk youth (ages 15-20) is critical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Language Skills – Bi-lingual (Spanish) and ability to read and interpret documents such as grants, proposals, instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and the ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents, educators, and community members.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts related to the development of budgets and costs associated with program implementation.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Coordinate and manage project development including the definition of scope, goals, and deliverables that support the goals of Building Bright Futures and the D2 Center.
• Effectively communicate project goals and expectations with team members and community partners.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations, in addition to writing reports to foundations, schools, and other community groups.
• Coach, mentor, and motivate team members and community partners.
• Serve as a liaison between Building Bright Futures and additional partners.
• Maintain and coordinate calendar and event schedules with Building Bright Futures, D2 Center, and community partners.
• Special projects as needed.
**UPDATED 7/30/2012 with new link and description.**