Please join us starting next week for the first in our summer elective credit class offerings. These classes are a great way to knock out an elective in a short period, working with two fabulous teachers who specialize in creating a rigorous and caring classroom with lots of 1:1 attention. Please call 402-502-8534 with questions and see our previous post for more info.
Better Family Health: Wednesday, July 5 – Wednesday, July 19 (9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. weekdays)
This class will actively promote the health and physical wellness of students and increase their health knowledge. The prevention of health-related illness and diseases will be emphasized. Students will:
- Meet with a registered nurse and determine weight, height, body mass index, blood pressure, and pulse.
- Research, discuss, and actively participate in the Seven Pillars of Health and Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- Keep a food, water, and sleep journal and participate in daily exercise.
- Be provided and be encouraged to eat healthy snacks and more fruits and vegetables.
- Research, study and complete assignments to understand causes and prevention of heart disease, asthma, allergies, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, stress, and sexually transmitted diseases.